PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA exam exemptions for military pilots- is it fair??
Old 17th Jul 2001, 13:26
Max Brakin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Crash Barrier: If the CAA is full of ex-mil types why then has it taken years of hard work to get these exemptions or has the CAA just recruited all the latest drop-outs from the mil ???

Prior to these exemptions our mil flying was worth 3/4 of F%&k all when trying to get civil recognition. Hours yes there was something to wave with your CV but try to short-cut the exams no chance.

IMHO the exams system has been long overdue a re-haul and needs to be more relevant to todays operations, and yes I think people like Basil should get accreditation for all his work, but sorry BF don't get bitchy with us mil types because at last we've got something good from the Campaign against......

I certainly will make use of these new rules to gain an ATPL, but at the minute I have no intention to use it as I don't intend to jump ship, but it's always good to have something in the back pocket.

As many have already said, and I will repeat to get through some thicker skulls, there are &rseh*les in all walks of life so let's not have the thread denigrate into a civ vs mil slanging match, and if you're going to throw statistics around be prepared to be.
a) accurate
b) back them up

Just cos I'm paranoid, don't mean they ain't out to get me

Edited due to spooling mistoks

[ 17 July 2001: Message edited by: Max Brakin ]