PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The right to work in Canada...
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2009, 13:49
777AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Sentiments...

Yes, Left', I agree with you. I've been a career contract pilot. When employers were looking for pilots and they found that I had a Canadian document, it was easy to find work because of the training and experience that I'd received.

When the time came to leave a contract position, it was easy to move on and find gainful employment elsewhere. As for me not taking someone's job...ironically, I trained 'their' pilots and as a result, trained myself out of a job! No hard feelings, that's what I'm there for.

In retrospect, any Canadians that I have have worked with, stand head and shoulders above most in the world of aviation. I don't say that just because I'm a Canuck. By virtue of our sphere of operations in this country, Canadian pilots are exposed to such a diverse set of environmental and geographical conditions. The knowledge that the Canadians bring to a foreign operator is rich and diverse and a foreign operator who hires a Canadian, by and large will be hiring someone who will be an asset.

As I said earlier in my posts, I'll hire a Canadian here in Canada, before I'd hire a foreign pilot to complete my permanent cadre in this country. When we run out of good talent locally, I might consider a foreign pilot, and that won't be any time soon.