PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice on moving from Aus to UK to finish my training
Old 27th Apr 2009, 11:29
redcapflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gday Gordon, as you say in Australia.
So you wanna leave Melbourne - "The place to be" lol, (as you put on all your rego's) for England where we have OVC in our tafs most often then not?

I got my PPL from YMMB and must admit GA is something else in your country....so can't wait to come back to see places like ST Kilda.

In-fact, I was there recently to get my NVFR and MULTI.

In the UK they expect 5hrs dual flying and 5 touch and gos (SOLO) for the NVFR, less demanding then 10hrs + a test over there in AUS!
But you must check LASORS for exact details.

I am thinking of going to Bristol GS, but this will mean that I cannot join Oxford Modular as they expect you to do the GS with them in-order to join their modular program. What do you think about this RedSnail?

Meanwhile, its hour building time for me here in the UK as the weather has kicked in and is good for VFR flying. But no doubt Melbourne is calling for a holiday and some navs, perhaps to Wagga Wagga or something.

Gordon, what I do say is come here for a holiday and check the place out... what I would do to move to St Kilda!
Good luck