PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cebu Pacific
Thread: Cebu Pacific
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2009, 01:34
mountaintop2007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
change

let's assume for the sake of sanity that it was just a sick joke by a 5J pilot. (we cannot even be sure that cessna95 is really a 5J pilot!)

i asked the question in the interest of verifying some interesting stuff i heard back in the PI, the land of my birth and youthful memories... (although granted this is a rumor network, i'm starting to second guess myself why i even bothered to ask the question here...)

5J is a pioneer in the MPL, so the success of MPL cadets can only be good news to 5J's standing in aviation around the world. It fills me with great pride as a Filipino knowing that a Philippine airline has done this understandably risky/ controversial venture when i talk to aviation enthusiasts here in the US.

having said that, and being a student of human nature, i can fairly understand some bloke in 5J feeling a little threatened for his job because of the new kids on the block, so to speak, or even to try and intimidate newcomers in the spirit of "initiation" through some harmless, and ultimately funny pranks.

however i seriously hope that the really crude and sick joke is not reflective of 5J culture to bash on the newcomer/s. threatening them with some "we are waiting for you" innuendos, i have been taught, is not so professional.