PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS 5
Thread: LEEDS 5
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2009, 16:05
Runway 32/14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Albert!!!

News to me about jet2 cutting this service before it's even started......all i have information on is listed below:

Jet2 has announced that it will launch a unique new route from Leeds Bradford Airport to Albert-Picardie, to capitalise on the massive rise in battlefield breaks to World War I sites in Northern France. On sale from today, the airline will operate a twice-weekly service on Mondays and Fridays between April and June next year. Fares start from £60.99 one way inclusive of taxes.
The budget airline will be the first to offer scheduled flights from the UK to Albert in the Picardie region of France, most famous for the Battle of the Somme, and home to the city of Amiens with fantastic links to the city of Lille. Interest in visits to war graves and battlefield sites has risen sharply in recent years fuelled by notable anniversaries, such as this month’s 90th anniversary of the end of World War I. Growth in websites and TV programmes tracing family trees has also sparked interest in the Great Wars among those keen to follow in the footsteps of relatives...