PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Visionaries?
Thread: Visionaries?
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2009, 17:42
Che Guevara

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SilveR5

You are all right guys...but in fact, this really happens everywhere..I can give you more savage examples happening in the US, and authorized by rulers too. We don't want to get into this, do we?!
Sorry, but this type of behaviour does not happen everywhere, particularly by the leaders of our respective societies (EU). We have checks and balances and laws to prevent it, furthermore if it were to happen then there would be serious legal implications apart from the fact we hire and fire our leaders. Secondly, please remember that the US is not the only country in the world, one for which you seem to hold in disdain. Indeed, I am quite certain that the majority of the comments on this board are not from Americans anyway.

I too agree that the type of behaviour seen on the news is despicable, especially when it is carried out by leading member of a Royal family and indeed in this case, a government, and over what, some money? No Sir, instead of getting defensive, surely one must react to this obscene behaviour by condemning it in the strongest possible manner, after all was this not carried out by a leader who is supposed to set an example, what kind of example is this? At the end of the day it really does'nt matter where this man comes from, what he did is totally wrong and unacceptable in any civil society. Sadly he has embarassed his family and his people badly.