PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bizzjet vs. airliner ?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2009, 22:26
Inspector Clueless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airline to Biz

Gocigio

I made the switch last year widebody to bizjet,I agree with most of the posts.

Airline flying=FAR easier as you have as stated all the back up done for you,turn up order the fuel go,turn up go to hotel.

Biz Flying=I found the transition OK but it is hard work and there is far less in the way of SOP and standardisation practises and you have to pre flight and post flight in all weather.Far more cash readily around almost too much after the airline "cost cutting" culture of recent years.

Having done 18 airline years all over the world in big jets I believe any airline pilot will have plenty of experience but the Corp pilot will bring insight into smaller fields and the private operation which is invaluable.Most of the folks are great I have a met a few "difficult" characters but universally they all have something to prove and aside from this you need a good owner and a good team- Great fun.

I make slightly less money than at the airline but I did it for change of lifestyle(no more 14 hour sectors on my jet) and plenty of time off on our jet.I do miss the big crew though sometimes downroute.I feel considerably less fatigued than with ULH.

Dont be afraid and dont be put off but now is perhaps not the time to move keep posted and stay informed.Be humble and you will have no trouble.

Good luck.IC