PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ormond beach training
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2009, 23:29
civil aviation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You Seem Crazy

Because you use the word crazy and major in personal abuse Grob, or should it be Gob or God?, you may need both medication and a good lawyer.

People are entitled to rational opinions about individuals and it is no surprise that AT's straight talking and straight dealing approach has upset a few liars and nutters. OBA's contract, which is perfectly plain, contains no surprises either for anyone (like a pilot) who is literate because any business offering such great value has to protect itself (and its employees) against cheating and moaning customers who blame anyone and anything except themselves. If you cancel a package, you usually lose 100%- try leaving a Thomson Holiday half way through and asking for a refund ! Thompson's OBA 25% cancellation fee is incredibly generous when they/you have booked their aircraft and instructor time for your course package which you then decide to quit. Also, it was made clear that, if you didn't want to pay for a package or up-front, you could pay-as-you-go. AT said he would actually prefer that as, guess what?, he made more money because it was more expensive since it did not involve any customer commitment.
As for:
Call me crazy but, I personally would not trust someone that I have personally sued in the past and has bankrupted not one, not two, not three, but FOUR flightschools in the past 15 years.

OBA (owned throughout by AT) has been the same business for at least 15 years and could not have been so if it had ever been 'bankrupt(ed)'. Whatever the knockers and nutters say, it defies logic that OBA could be in business for so long, if it were anything other than honest and competent
I find it appalling that PPRUNE publishes libels, on any FTO, by means of obvious lies and damaging innuendo and especially on OBA which has made obtaining a licence possible for thousands of people at minimal expense.

As for what another knocker calls 'booting-out', I've seen it happen and all the other customers, inc. students on the same course, were delighted when the dirty cheat left. The only real pressure I ever detected was directed at ensuring that you got what you had come for. However it does require ability, dedication, honesty and sanity. A few people do not exhibit one or more of these qualities.