PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Cabin Crew EBA
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2009, 00:02
shoppingcart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Mods

I pay my dues to the FAAA, just wondering why they can't be in the crew rooms
The committee members are rostered to be in the crew rooms, the delegates aren't.

Why don't they spell out to us what is and isn't there, and what it means for us long term?
Mostly what is and isn't there is in black and white in the offer. Most of us have done our sums and our budget on what life would look like working under the offer on the table. Less home time for less increases. 2 cash stimulus bonuses to supposedly see us through the tough times, yet if the company truly wants to save money, how can it afford to pay every cabin crew member $2500 up front instead of paying a % Increase spread out over time? Pay increases are more responsible in an economic crisis because the company would only have to pay a true proportion of the cash bonuses to part timers and those leaving not $2500 x 1500 in one big lump sum on one day.

I did a survey for them months ago (and previously after the last eba got voted down 2 yrs ago), they already know what i wished for in an EBA
when we did those surveys that was when we were putting forward what we wanted negotiated, but the company decided not to negotiate. now theres a document out they want us to all think about and speak up on what should be in and what should be out or what should be changed.