PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bizzjet vs. airliner ?
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2009, 20:30
Regulation 6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Twin - agreed

BelArg - Nice post and a very interesting insight.

I have flown corporate jets but the vast majority of my 20K odd flying hours I have to say were in Airliners. However, although the nicest aircraft I have ever flown was probably the Lear 40, lots of airliners came very close. I have never disliked any aircraft that I have had the privelege to fly.

I make no apology for describing myself as a Pilot - not an Operator. My contract of employment, and all previous ones describe my job as that of a Pilot. When comparing the the role of an Airline Pilot to that of a Corporate Pilot I maintain that the differences are in the detail. There is some amount of willy-waving when describing all the extra tasks the average Corporate pilot has to do, but these are not difficult - they are simply tasks that are undertaken by ground staff in most Airlines. I take my hat off to all of you who (as I have) cheerfully undertake these duties but lets not confuse them with actually flying (OK operating if you like) an aeroplane. When you analyse the time between start-up and shut-down, my view is that many corporate operators could learn a lot from the airlines - with the exception of the large operators such as NJ who presumably have robust and effective SOPs - unlike some of the smaller ones who have little or no standardisation.

Thats my 2.5p worth. BTW Hawker - I don't wish to be confrontational but I disagree with everything in your last post. The adjective 'humble' often associated with the noun 'humility' is very much a part of the theme of 'Fate is the Hunter'