PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ryr Landed In a taxyway by mistake in CAG
Old 21st Apr 2009, 14:27
LLuke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't agree. Some airports have several pages of notams, while the presentation is pretty dreadful, esp without syntax highlighting. On day 4/stretch 3 during short turn arounds easily to be looked over at. Apart from the crew I would expect the whole NOTAM system and the dispatcher/planner to be responsible as well.

We simply don't know if this NOTAM was included in the flights documentation, and if so, why it was not read, not remembered and or misunderstood.

Regarding the NOTAM itself, what does "RE-ESTABLISHMENT OF NORMAL OPERATIONS ON RWY 14/32" mean to a pilot that has never been there? Guess if you have a "normal" approach plate, everything is fine? Same goes for "COMPLETE REVIEW OF INSTRUMENTAL APPROACH PROCEDURES", did anything change, and if so what? Only clue one has, is the date issued vs the date printed on your plates. Newer is better as long as everything looks "normal". Same goes for "NEW AERODROME LAY-OUT"

NOTAMS are nice for flight preparation, the dispatcher can call ATC/FIO for info and then contact me. When I arrive I want to hear a warning on the ATIS/ from ATC and see nice big yellow crosses on the RWY that it is closed. Hope I don't sound too lazy