PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Sharing Of Flying
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2009, 02:48
Pegasus747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i cant imagine the union ever suggesting that we reduce crew complement. When i first heard the suggestion my immediate thought is that you would then have additional crew sitting around and that would exaccerbate the surplus.

But it seems that the cancellation of planned recruiting overseas and the transfer of more international flying from Short haul has soaked up more or the surplus.

The Union in response has suggested the cancellation of all Bar Services - which has been acceded to

The Union has suggested the cancellation of the second meal service on short sectors into and out of Australia from Asia which is at this time sitting with Marjketing- and looks like being replaced with a bulk service

The Unions also suggested that the 16 crew be kept on the 4 class aircraft flying to JNB and QF9/10 due to time and pax load which is currently being assessed.

If you can think of something constructive to offer other than the usual drivel and criticism i am sure we would all be grateful.

There are some armchair experts in here that clearly act like roosters that think that the sun only comes up to hear them crow