PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Cabin Crew EBA
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2009, 00:48
ozangel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What increases?

For what I can see (I have both the current and proposed eba in front of me right now), you are actually losing money, LOTS OF IT!

Your take home if on the current EBA you are CC2 will be approximately $1350-$1400 per fortnight after tax.

You will have LESS overnights, as they can work you longer days.

You WILL be working 140 hours in 28 days, EVERY MONTH!

You WILL NOT be working 120-125 hours in 31 days as you currently do.

This works out to be approximately 35hours EXTRA PRODUCTIVITY they will get out of you EACH MONTH, not just the 15hours, but up to 3 days as well?

This means you will work close to an extra 9hours per week, possibly with NO OVERTIME.

Look at your roster right now. Throw in another 4 sectors this week. Perhaps the only spot you can fit them in is on your AVL day? You won't get paid for it though!

Say HELLO to Darwin and Perth RETURNS out of Brisbane.

Say goodbye to overnights.

LOOK AT CC level 1, 2, and 3.

You are overstaffed as it is! With the drastic increase in productivity at NO COST, you are going to be flooded with HUNDREDS of EXCESS CABIN CREW.

Very easy to get rid of you! THE COMPANY DOES NOT LOVE YOU!? And look, you're replacements are SO CHEAP! And at that rate, theyre bound not to hang around long enough to become as expensive as you ever were!

GET REAL VIRGIN BLUE!

It's time to kick them where it hurts. Protected industrial action doesn't have to ground the airline, but it sure can embarrass such a self concious egomaniac management into behaving like 'grown ups' and treating their staff in a manner they would like to be treated themselves.

PS, your $2500 is taxed! Work it out, doesnt sound so much when you do the maths.