PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cebu Pacific
Thread: Cebu Pacific
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2009, 07:30
JolibeeFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many thanks to the answer about the Weight Limit on the ATR.

I only ask because if we are in an outstation without any limitation on the FOS, why is it that we are in a structural limit situation if MZFW is to be never exceeded. I brought this up once in a flight and gave the Pilot in Command the weight limit for takeoff at 22.5 after reviewing the FOS (Non-Limiting) and he said the weight limit would be less than 22.5t because of structural limitations due in part because we had less fuel.

I thought about it and said to myself, regardless of the amount of fuel our weight limit is 22.5 max takeoff as long as our MZFW is never exceeded.

Also in Caticlan, the Special Operationg Procedures states we need to review our weather at Caticlan and determine the landing weight through the FOS which would determine our Weight Limit at takeoff from Manila. I have been doing that and some captains have stated that the Weight limit is 22.5 when departing Manila. Which is correct? I reviewed the Special Procedures and it states

" Prior to departure from Manila; check Caticlan runway condition and determine limitation at landing at Caticlan and this weight will determine limitation at take off from Manila.
"So is this limit Landing Limit plus Trip Fuel and Fuel burn out?

Many thanks again