PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 407
Thread: Bell 407
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2009, 16:15
DoinTime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems to me reading your user name, I am wondering if you are on a crusade for the Enstrom 480......

Maybe you should have looked at all mechanical failures in the helicopter industry, I am sure if you looked at that you might of taken up cycling instead (although, I am sure there are plenty of mechanical failures there too, ask the guy trying to break the land speed record).

When you are talking about engine failures I think you should look more at the engine itself, as far as manufacturer of the engine not aircraft.

The 407 is definitely a work horse. Usauly operated at high gross weights and in all types of environments, not just a toy or running around doing law enforcement, usually carrying two people, gear/equipment and fuel.... full gross weight??? (No offense to all you deputy dogs.)

I am not saying the 407 is a better machine but I find statistics can be made to say what ever the person making a case wants. There are so many variables.

My suggestion to you is get checked out on the bicycle, less fatilties..... or is there No one said flying helicopters was safe.

DT