PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Sharing Of Flying
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2009, 11:14
Domestos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Top 5 Domestic Service Standards

....in no particular order...but of equal importance:

1. Wet chux in handle [what do you use this for? to wipe down dirty overhead locker handles as you drag the cart up the aisle?]

2. Covering crew meals with table cloth to take down to Y/C galley [what's this all about...is it shameful for crew to be walking down the aisles with salad bowls and hot meals from J/C. Is it a sin to be seen eating???]

3. Single stacked splits drawers [hello? has anyone had the pleasure of working on the 'ass' end of the cart and having to run back to galley cos beehive needs you to get them a spicy tomato juice and a little bottle of brandy?]

4. Wet chux placed in between cart top and cory pots [hello? its not like we are going camping and need heat insulation for 2 days....who cares if the tea/coffee gets cold by the time you drag the cart up to row 23 in B zone]

5. Day bag eskie with wheels [I've made my bone about this many times in previous posts....and they still remain a sore point for me to this day. Why on earth would you want your day bag to be 'pimped up' to have an extending handle and wheels????? For goodness sakes beehives...if you don't have the strength to carry a day bag (full of your own 'cheap' Australis or Maybelline makeup), how the hell are you gonna rotate the door handle of your pokey 737 door?????????

OK....I'm getting off my anti-Domestic soap box now......