PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AEIO-320 Engine overhaul advice
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2009, 15:27
camlobe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having your engine overhauled is like having your car repaired. You find someone who ticks all your boxes and then stick with him. You will have a number of people giving you their advice based on this premis.

Myself, I have used a number of overhaul facilities here in the UK including well established ones, over the years. Many are very good. Some less so.

Richard von Isenberg has an excellent reputation. Arrow Aviation Services have a strong, loyal following. Norvic Aero Engines (ex-Jade, ex- Norvic) have been around for a long time and have good people and facilities.

David Bonsal at Dukeries, Netherthorpe knows his stuff and does good work.

New kid on the block is Nickleson-Maclaren. A couple of people I know of are very happy with their NM engines.

Bear in mind, if you only do 100 hours a year, and if your engine only makes it to half-life, it will be ten years before you find out your 'good deal' engine was rubbish.

Personally, I have been using Rob Ronaldson for more years than I care to admit to. In all those years, I have NEVER had to send one of his engines back. As well as that, all of his supplied engines have made it to TBO plus 20% extension.

You tend to stick with what works. Rob can be contacted at Ronaldson Airmotive, Kennington, Oxford 01865 321176.

No, I am not a relative, and no I am not on a retainer.

camlobe