PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Sharing Of Flying
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2009, 01:04
Eden99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
call button

I have not posted on here for nearly a year, but i see silly speculation is still the name of the game.

Call Button, you are very confused unfortunately. The transfer of flying that might occur WILL BE SHORT HAUL TO LONG HAUL. That flying is the current 25% that short haul get from the Flexible Flying Pool and will essentially be the remaining international flying that Short Haul do.

The surplus will be managed by transferring that remaining international flying done by s/h back to L/H who originally always did it. This will then allow the direction of long service leave in S/H.

There also seems some very bizarre statements about relative cost between S/H and L/H. The QCCA arrangements in L/H mean that international flying is done more productively in L/H.

Finally, again to clear up some of the nonsense in here, the A380 flying will NEVER be allocated or given to S/H crew in any circumstances. This flying is firmly governed by the LH EBA, just as 737 flying is governed by the SH EBA.

The only access for current SH crew to A380, will be if they transfer into LH, and of course we ( LH crew) and the FAAA INTERNATIONAL DIVISION, would warmly welcome more crew into LH.

I hope my comments above clear up the massive misunderstandings that are occurring in here.

Pegasus, you need to keep the silly baseless speculation in here and misinformed statements under control ! :-)