PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun 2008-2009 season
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2009, 16:14
Der absolute Hammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that it would be most interesting to hear from those on the ground in Maun as to the composition of the types of tourist who pay the big sums to fly up into the delta.
Not trying to make with the negative vibes here but I would have been thinking that the majority of those tourists who go to the delta are pretty well heeled. I would have thought doubtful that the expected hordes of fans for cricket, rugby and the 2010 Zumathon would be the sort that would be interested or rich enough to go up there.
Certainly at the moment I think it is quite true to say that the winter Caribbean tourist trade hs been pretty bad-especially from Americans travelling and in Europe, over the Easter holidays-apart from good skiing, the city trade was also very poor. I would not be banking too much hope on a recovery in Southern Africa flights charter this coming season but I-of course- very much hope that I am very wrong on this point but I do not see large amounts of peolpe doing the splashing out of money on expensive trips for quite a long while yet?