PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - finding a job worlwide for JAA lowtimer
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2009, 08:42
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joetheplumber,

I don´t know your background and how 'infected' you really are. I personally would not choose the career again. I love to fly, the job is great. But all the things around are getting worse. IF you can, try to make a career in a good job that allows you to fly for fun. Nothing beats a nice VFR rideout with a nice small airplane IMO. The market will come back - but no one knows when and to what level. I personally belief that this crisis is far from over and probably the deepest we ever had. And historically, the jet is the one thing that goes first. I have been in executive aviation since nearly 20 years now, a familiy member started 1960. So there is a certain amount of experience. That family member has been made redundant 3 times and I had the 'pleasure' already once and I´m pretty sure I will have it soon again, as the airplane I´m on is up for sale.
If you invest the kind of money we talk here, IMO you are better off if you study something fancy that earns you money.

IF you can get on a cadet scheme that pays for the training - then its a no-brainer.

Whatever you do, good luck!