PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Commanders Conference
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2009, 08:39
Mullah Kintyre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A "conference"? Somehow I tend to think that their definition of "conferring" is somewhat skewed.

True to form, management have decided to insert the "duty" into the month of May after bidding closed. Either they are such a shambles they didn't dream this up until the last minute and then didn't think to give us notice OR they simply do not give a f**k.

I think the above should be the subject of the first question out of anyone's mouth if it isn't the first explanation and apology out of theirs.

It'll be interesting to see how many drivers are rostered by idiotic and witless crew-scheduling for the "conference" in the morning session after a midnight sign-off or the afternoon session before a midnight sign-on.

Not sure where it's being held but presumably the meeting's at the COC. Apparently it's two hours long which is short enough for them to simply bombard us with financial performance bull**** and other woes but not long enough for all the group to have a go at unloading their concerns. Oh and best of all, they'll get a least 5 dirhams out of everyone for parking!! Jesus Christ are they THAT desperate for cash?????

I do wonder why it's a "commander's" meeting. Maybe it's to empower the Capts to start upholding the standards they never teach anymore in their miniscule training syllabus.

Any management flunkies out there got any inside goss on the reason for the conference? I hope it's not the same as the Pursers who were made to attend financial briefing intended to motivate them with the bad news. On their day off.