PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GOing Orange
Thread: GOing Orange
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2002, 10:35
Zulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was flying yesterday for the first time since the announcement.
Being a bank holiday, the office was mostly empty so the only feedback I've had is really from flightcrew.

Overall, I'd say the mood is subdued, but cautiously optimistic. I've no doubt the overall future will be positive, with more routes, aircraft, better job security etc., but we're all quite attached to the Go brand, which has been built up over four years, and is quite distinct in it's own right. So I think there is undoubtably emotions involved in losing it, (if that is the case, which it would seem to be), and some people are quite upset at that, notwithstanding the positive points above.

It will be a shame to lose the 'cozyness' of Go, by which I mean going from a small airline where you know most people, can chat with everyone in the office, etc., to a large 3,000+ person company, 55 aircraft spread over 9 bases and three countries!!! Although to be fair, you're probably thinking the same!

As always, the devil will be in the detail, and the uncertainty now is in having no idea what the detail will be.

Practically speaking, I would have thought nothing will change until the end of the summer schedules at the earliest anyway.

Finally, most important question:

Do you get crew meals?!!!

I'm STARVING....