PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fact or Fiction?
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2009, 10:41
BSmuppet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fact or Fiction?

All,

Whilst Pprune was down for a few hours this morning having its 'D' check, I happened upon an interesting post that was written last year on the ask.oxfordaviation website. I have copied and pasted the message (I hope it isn't against any rules).

Anyway, I found it interesting and I have bolded some sentences that I think are interesting and I just wanted a broad view from ppruners as to its weight.:

Why Is PPruNe SO Negative - Suicide Site!

Can someone please tell me why I feel like killing myself when ever I dare (probably stupidly) to go anywhere near that horrible wannabes section in their forum?

Why is it that so many people cannot find jobs? I know that many and indeed most OAA graduates go on to, usually quickly to go on and find employment, BUT WHY NOT THE GUYS AT PPRUNE?

I mean, its not just a few guys having a moans there are simply hundreds of posts, complaining what a misery it is to be a pilot these days. Is it because they did not go on an integrated training course, is it because these guys had poor marks in their JAA exams, is it because these guys are too old, or is it because there are simply so few jobs around?

I have always wanted to fly and I believe I have what it takes to be a cut above the rest and have a very successful career as a pilot, but are things really that bad in the market place for all those other non-OAA trained graduates?

Cheers Guys.

Discuss ppruners.

Last edited by BSmuppet; 16th Apr 2009 at 11:09.