PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How Long it takes the Modular way???
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2009, 07:30
clanger32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shaun, I wasnt going to reply again, as I feel this thread has already been hijacked enough. However a couple of points

- the reason I didn't fly for three months is simply that I'd run out of money. I am paid around six weeks in arrears and started back in my old job in December. Go figure the dates as to when I had income again. Also, I had to get the financial ship back on an even keel, giving the impending birth of my first child.

- I'm not seeking, even partially, sympathy. My mistakes in that sim check cost me only. You actually raise some good points. All I can say is I learned from it. However, I fail to understand quite why it matters at all to you as to why I, or anyone else, failed.

- Gotta love, just LOVE, the assertion implied in your last sentence, that you are a better pilot than anyone else, which is why you have a job and others don't. To quote the film 'White men can't jump' "some days the sun shines even on a dogs arse. Anyone can win the lottery". VERY foolish assumption that what happened in my simcheck is any reflection of me as a pilot, or could not happen to you. It will happen to you at some point. Remember this conversation on that day.

- you actually raise some good points re: use of MSFS. Can we have more of these posts and less of your usual tripe.

- yes, I still love flying. No, not "only a jet job will do", but I cant find many kingair operators who will pay me forty grand a year - and this is the crux of it. Even if you "ONLY" paid £40k for your licence, you still need a pay back on that investment and frankly, for me £11k a year just doesnt cut it! I have no doubt that you'll say you should do it for the love of the job, but to me, that's naieve in the extreme. Point me in the direction of a Kingair or Pilatus operator (or better still a Twotter on floats!) that pays a decent wedge and I'll bug the hell out of them from here on in...but I doubt you'll know of one...

- yes I have views on training, but I don't think I've ever said "go integrated" or otherwise, unlike you. I seek to provide a balance in my posts to the multitude of utter **** posted on here. Integrated has many drawbacks, but so does modular - just that people like you only ever paint the negative side of one route and the positive of another - THIS is what I seek to address. The fact is those that slate the integrated route clearly know toss all about it, yet talk as though it's undisputed fact. It isn't - and CLEARLY isn't at that.

There is a massive irony, you know, in that I only met one person through my course even half as arrogant and "know it all" as you seem to think all integrated students are. Yet there you are, claiming to be better than the rest of us, assuming you know anything about me....

The only person, Shaun, that actually fits your mental image of the integrated student, is you....

edited to correct stupid iphone autocorrections....

Last edited by clanger32; 15th Apr 2009 at 08:28.