PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hours building in Florida..visa
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2009, 02:03
BigGrecian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe because the setup is not designed to provide quality, but rather a greater quanity of students/pilots to complete and spend the most amount of Dollars in the shortest possible time.
Couple of points:
  1. If schools were 100% devoted to high quality training they would go out of business! They wouldn't have the through put required to be commercially viable. Harsh but true.
  2. Including accommodation and that check out/bfr isn't bad at that package price.
  3. Everywhere you rent an aircraft they require a check out with one of their instructors - name somewhere which doesn't.
  4. Most people live in the real world (Unlike you) and are under pressure from work, as they can only get a certain amount of time of work and need to complete in a short time period.
  5. KeyGrip posted the best thread I've ever read on Pprune!
  6. You should go to Oxford - they seem like a perfect fit for you!
  7. I did some training in the USA and saved huge amounts of money and time (which is one of the most costly factors) compared to UK. (And for the record I have a UK CPL and UK IR (both first time before you mention anything) from a school in Bournemouth which is alas no more.)

That's my only post I'll make on the issue; I've stated my opinion and won't be drawn in by the magician! No doubt he'll magic up a school from himself and the money to pay for the training at the quality he wants, which will no doubt go bankrupt shortly after his visit.

Stop posting in two places - read the forum rules!

Last edited by BigGrecian; 15th Apr 2009 at 02:16.