PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - a couple of CTC questions
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2009, 12:46
free_hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a couple of CTC questions

Ok, i got a few questions and hope some people can help!

Basically i'm at the go/no go stage of CTC Wings. Almost all the questions I have can be answered by FAQs or a bit of searching, but I’m still a bit clueless about a few things. CTCs FAQs dont answer them, and I cant find them on searches. These questions are probably best answered by somebody in CTC training but I appreciate any response!

Basically my first question is about the medical insurance against having to stop flying due to medical reasons. Now, I understand that when you are flying most pilots have insurance so that if they fail their medical and thus have to give up flying, they get a pay out. Now I want to understand this situation while in training with CTC before airline placement.

The basic questions I have are:

1. To be covered for a suitable payout during the 18 months training (payment of all training costs and a bit to cover until reemployment) what are you looking at for a monthly premium?
2. Is it easy to get such cover?

The second subject I’m not so clear about is related to pay once placed. Basically I want to know:

1. What sort of wage should you expect while on reduced salary as the airline pays off the bond?
2. What sort of time frame should you expect to be on this reduced salary?

I understand it would vary from airline to airline, but a roundabout figure would be good. Also, i apolagise if these questions have been posted and answered already, but I could not find them.

Thanks! Much appreciated