PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ryr Landed In a taxyway by mistake in CAG
Old 13th Apr 2009, 11:05
737nga320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a proper perspective

Well as is the pprune norm some or most bloggers have indeed missed a proper take on this incident here. Most of all reg CAG, Italian ATC and what have you. Well I still remember similar incidents in LGW where it is not the first time a plane has landed on the taxiway. Was it ATC who guided them? Surely not! And before anyone tries to be a smart ass and bluff his way through, such incidents transcend nationality or company.

I have operated to Cagliari very recently before this mishap and thought that is was indeed an incident in waiting. However the WIP were duly notamed and even temporary charts were published with the related work phases. So the crew have got to answer in part for this error although I do sympathise with them.

Now a few prophets of doom and gloom and self declared aviation experts take on themselves to lambast Ryan Air and prophesize when something wose will happen. Well i find it hypocrital at best. One can only look a few days back and see what happened to Emirates with all their laptops, ACARS, perpetual turnarounds, aerospace SOPS, bull****, pyschometric profiling and what not. Now that was a very lucky escape indeed for pax and crew. And we had lufthansa a few months ago clipping a wing ...but no, these thing only happen to Ryan Air!! One could go on and on but my message is clear. Enough hypocrisy!

As for Ryan Air they will most probably be victims of their own success but I do not wish for an accident to be the cause. Grow up and go and pontificate elsewhere if u r in smart ass mode.