PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ryr Landed In a taxyway by mistake in CAG
Old 12th Apr 2009, 23:26
Naughtius Maximus

Silverhawk

I do not accept your point of view I am afraid as it seems to have very limited horizons, CAG is just one of thousands of airfields globally which can accept jet public transport equipment. I agree, to be fair, that these airfields can and should be placed under pressure to improve, happy to accept the landing/nav/handling fees, unwilling and slow to invest sometimes.

Ultimately we can (no criticism to RYR at all) make these fields safer by using mental flexibility and situational awareness, use energy management and forward planning to allow for any type of approach to either/any rwy. Discuss the prescence of Deci and be aware of the effect of a close in military airfield to options available to the controllers, tune in to your flt deck buddy and pop some extra gravy into the mains to alleviate the perceived pressure.

Can be good fun as well, no stress from me towards Ryr mates as those guys fly to a lot more challenging airfields than most with probably 10 times as many movements as some of the charters.