PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish airliner crashes at Schiphol
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2009, 13:48
A37575

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My reasoning is, this is the statistical one in 10 million. It was caused by a totally negligent crew from a background of 'Far Eastern' type operators (I see elements of certain Chinese/Korean/Indonesian practices with this outfit). Frankly I do not see many lessons of value to Western operators in this accident- what in particular happened incredibly rarely happens elswhere. Behind this accident is a culture that contributed directly to it. It will take generations to change that culture, and in the meantime, next time a Indonesian carrier is a a darn hurry to land, the Captain will take it in, and the Co-pilot will sit there semi-mute, unable to interject until they crash
Rainboe. Well done for calling a spade a spade. In my experience you are one hundred percent correct. I have seen many unbelievable examples of poor flying ability by various nationalities in the simulator. Yet, try as I might to be scrupulously fair in my assessement, invariably the common demoninator was exactly as you have described, except we are not allowed talk about it aloud for fear of crossing the boundaries of political correctness.

Last edited by A37575; 12th Apr 2009 at 13:58.