PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish airliner crashes at Schiphol
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2009, 07:52
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PJ - I also heartily endorse your excellent appraisal of where we are today. I feel, like Grizzled,, however, that it is in danger of being lost here in the welter of shouting about the 'dumb pilots' and the failure of the a/c systems, and would also suggest starting another thread away from all the hubble bubble here.

The only point with which I take issue with you on is "This discussion belongs to flight crews first, then operations managers next, then the regulator." where I would reverse the order, since I firmly believe that the sausages coming out of the machine are created by that reverse order. I am fairly certain, having been a military pilot (although I do not know the military backgrounds of the THY crew), that some significant influence on the behavoural patterns caused the apparent lack of attention to flying the a/c, and I'm sure this can be traced back further than 'Laurel and Hardy'. You don't suddenly 'lose' years of self-preservation just like that.

I would appreciate a PM with links to the other discussion fora (the mods here really hate those 'in public').

Barbie - Post #2293 - so right!

Last edited by BOAC; 12th Apr 2009 at 11:35.