PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should officers spend compulsory time in the ranks?
Old 11th Apr 2009, 01:10
Seldomfitforpurpose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airpig,

You are a bigoted uninformed cnut and I will now happily prove why you are a bigoted uninformed cnut.

I joined the RAF in 1974 as a young aircraft mechanic did my time and was promoted to substantive Sgt in my ground trade in early 1987. In that time I did a mechs course and a fitters course, GST and TMT as a Cpl and GST and TMT as a Sgt.

In 1989, already 2 years as a Sgt I was selected for Airmen Aircrew, went off and did my basic training all over again and eventually graduated again as a Sgt in Dec of that year.

The basic Airmen Aircrew course was without doubt the toughest training regime I had ever faced. We had a variety of ex ground trades guys and girls with us and only the firemen and rocks could recall facing ever facing anything quite so demanding.

The young Sgt that so offends you has been seen and done stuff that fat knackers like yourself would wake up at night in a cold sweat having merely dreamt about.

"Dead or alive, the aircrew I referred to come straight in to a place previously preserved for those of a certain amount of earned status and respect."

Just to correct you, they come into a place and live alongside a small bunch of jealous small minded individuals who have either, tried and failed, were just too wheezy to hack it in the first place or simply lacked the "minerals" at an earlier age to achieve what these young men have, and as you have proved that really sticks in the craw.

The only saving grace for the RAF in general is that, should your profile be accurate, you are 52 which means we only have to put up with your small minded bigotry for 3 more years