PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Margin for 50 hourly/oil & filter change
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2009, 22:50
blackhand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm so confused

Wow, I'm not easily confused normally when it comes to the law, but you guys did it
BELLSUX
Considering that there are only three options available, 42A 42B or 42C there are no allowances for interpretations
Finaly I really dont want to continue this topic as there is only one set of rules that apply to this thread and its digressions, it is only a few pages long, simple to understand and it is the LAW
Tnuc
You could be on your own system of maintenace approved by CASA however they are nearly always going to use either the CASA schedule or Mfr's schedule as a Minimmum when approving your system.
Socket
It is a legal requirement and nothing is surer to upset a LAME than to find out a pilot/owner has been carrying out maintenance on an aircraft with the LAME's signature on the MR and the pilot/owner made no entries or certifications for that maintenance.
No wonder you are confused Plankbender.
And can probably explain why it takes so long to get a simple oil change carried out by some of the mechanics posting here. LOL

I spoke with Airworthiness (Eastern) about this issue and they would have no problems with the owner/pilot carrying out this simple task on his own aircraft.

Look after your aircraft and it will look after you.

Blackhand