PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engineers please help.
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2009, 21:20
johnny99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"There is also an issue with who signs who's OJAR report in the RAF Sqn Engineering Fraterity."

Is there - I'm not sure and can't say I ever experienced any "issue". My OJAR was always written and signed by my Boss - i.e the guy I worked for and who set the task! Remember as engineers we normally experience only 2 tours in a career on a flying squadron ( 1x JEngo and for some 1 x SEngO). JEngO's 1st RO would be SEngO while SEngO's 1st RO would be Sqn boss - some provision if requierd for OC Eng Wg to make input either in consultation on 1st narrative or as 2nd RO. Outside that the author of the OJAR may be of a different branch, service or even nationality(as in force) - if very unluky he may even be a civilian! When all is said and done I've never had an issue with whom authored my report just so long as it was accurate. You could even argue that an officer's potential is better reflected by a series of reports written by a variety of "different branches". Anyway just my thoughts - some may have a different take based on their experience.