PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR-Hats on walkround
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2009, 16:56
Phantom Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My point being Mr Phantom,what are the chances of your hat flying off and becoming a FOD hazard?...How many cases have we heard so far?
I think you will find it happens more often than you think. One of our hi vis vests (you know, the yellow ones; mandatory for our walkrounds; you don't have it on?-- hefty fine at our base), ended up down the air con inlet duct, due not being "properly fastened", (but more likely not properly worn). Lot of suction on a hot day with 3 packs at work on the 74.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the wearing of hats. In fact I think they do play an important part in corporate image. Pilots, just like cabin crew, should not look scruffy, especially in front of the customers who are the ones that ultimately decide whether the company succeeds or not.

However, there is an appropriate time and place for everything. Walking around the tarmac, who cares about being recognised as the pilot or the baggage handler? We are all doing our own jobs to keep the operation running smoothly and safely. Suggest more people get a "GRIP" (program).