PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - who hire 0 hour pilot on the A320?
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2009, 17:39
EK4457

Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Genius!

Baldrick from Blackadder springs to mind;

I have a cunning plan!
Unfortunately the reality is that there are no TP operators who are recruiting right now in order for you to hatch this masterplan.

It's the same logic that the 'masters of the universe' followed with sub prime mortgates. Basically, they thought if you give really dodgy loans to poor people who can't pay them back, put it though a complex equation, mix it with some good debt and, hey presto, it becomes good debt. Just like that, Tommy Cooper syle.

Of course, back on planet earth, if you give a poor person a very risk loan which they can't afford, then it will stay like that no matter what. And so we have the worst downturn for 60 years.

My longwinded point is that, no matter how good your idea is, if no airlines are recruiting you can't get a job. And no airlines are recruiting. So you can't get a job.

Once airlines start recruiting again, TP pilots tend to move onto jets and wannabes tend to go to the TP positions. Nothing new, in fact it's a well trodden path.

Try sending your CV off to a TP operator if you don't believe me.

And another thing, you will find that most TP operators charge for the initial TR too. In fact, I can only think of flyBE who don't off the top of my head - although there will be more.

EK