PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moaner needs a rebrief
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2009, 12:08
5 Forward 6 Back

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Flying in the Vale of York will have fallen by a huge amount during the time he's lived in Malton. There's even a lot less Tucano flying now than when I went through just a handful of years ago, so training has been reduced; a fall in IPS took care of that for him!

What annoys me about this is that there's never any sort of reasoned, pleasant explanation from the MoD to letters like this. While I appreciate we can't have people sitting around scanning for letters to reply to in main building, surely the Linton CCO could take 10 minutes out from visiting Sikh temples to respond to this?

It'd be nice to see someone explain why it's required, and point out some of the inaccuracies. Explain why we can't low fly over the sea. Explain how we try to keep aerobatics away from built up areas. Explain why a low level aeros display practice is very different from some student aeros at 5000ft, and that's exactly why display practices are practiced where they are.

People like this get angry, people like us get angry with our hyperbolic "at least they're not German!" responses, and no-one actually explains anything.