PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How Long it takes the Modular way???
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2009, 10:44
BSmuppet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And STOP bandying about your bloody salary like the fact you earn £38k means anything or adds weight to your decision....it doesn't - I net a hell of a lot more than you earn gross - but it doesn't lend any more weight to the argument...

Clanger,

You are really starting to give me the right hump mate - nice guy your mates would say? How about modest too?

I'm not showing off that I'm on 38K. I don't even show my age on my profile. So I could be a 18 year old who has done pretty well for himself or I could be a 45 year old where 38K would be considered sh!t at this age. I was just using it to illustrate a figure so why don't you go and do one clanger.

The fact that YOU wrote " net a hell of a lot more than you earn gross" shows me that YOU'RE the one bandying around the Aston Martin key ring.

As per your overly long paragraph regarding lost years/seniority etc - yes it is silly because not even the Integrated marketing clowns have it on their brochures.

You could open up a whole new discussion with "If's" and "But's". Like integrated gets you to BA. So a higher starting pay than if you started at Ryanair and paid for a type rating becasue you went mod. Therefore over a 30 year career, because you went integrated and got into BA, you earned a quater of a million more than your modular counterpart - so that extra 20K for an integrated course doesn't sound so bad now does it.....

Because of these "IFs" and "BUTs" relating to the above scenario, it should never have been brought into the debate about the difference in costs. However living expenses, loss of salary are definite figures for comparison.

And yes, I am being deliberately misleading. I own a modular flight school so i'm trying to get everyone to turn away from integrated ways so they can come to my flight school