PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How Long it takes the Modular way???
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2009, 08:03
BSmuppet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clanger,

I think you will find that evrything I said was based on my own personal scenario. Yes fair enough, 400% gives a cost of 224K but I wanted a round figure. I didn't really want to come up a figure of 357%.

But you go ahead and be the typical pillock that frequents the forums ONLY for the sole purpose of putting someone down if a comma is out of place or if they had a typo in one paragraph.

The facts and figures I gave are based on my own status. I could comment on each of your paragraphs in order to defend each point but I won't. I will say however that I am doing a part-time mod course. I have no loans and get a pretty much guaranteed 5.5% pay increase per year.

And don't even try to argue the point that the "lost years" will cost me more in terms of lost income/seniority. Even the marketing clowns at OAA/FTE/Cabair aren't stupid enough to put that argument down on their glossy brochures.

I think you will find that its the integrated guys who don't realise the full cost. When I read these forums, no one hardly ever mentions interest repayments hence giving a final repayment figure well above 50/70K or living expenses for the duration of the course.

LIke I said, I based my figures on what I stand to lose if I went integrated and took out loans. I dont have and wont be taking out any loans at all.

In 3 years time at 5.5% pay increase in my current job, I would be on £44,621. Can anyone tell me how long it will take me to be on this salary once I become a FO if I even get on a jet? The extra 1.5 years it takes me compared to a integrated is worth just over 65K in salary.

Will any 250hr cadets earn 65K in their first 18 months if they were lucky enough to get a job the day after MCC?

If you also take in the "quality of life" index - i.e coming out of integrated school, loans leaving you with a couple of pennies in the pocket each week while you are towing gliders around adds even more to the price in my opinion.

That is why taking everything into account, I came out with the declaration that there is no contest.