PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How Long it takes the Modular way???
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2009, 07:11
clanger32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bitter? Good god no! What am I trying to prove? Nothing, save there's none so blind as those that won't open their eyes! Integrated is costly but effective. There can be no doubt that it almost invariably costs more. However you really have missed the point... The difference is very seldom the vast sums you believe - because there are all sorts of different factors at play. All iwas seeking to highlight in my last post is some of the inconsistencies, to get people thinking. For example, you cannot -simply cannot- do a full time course AND hold down a full time job. This has a cost impact, although not necessarily fiscal, that should be considered, not just ignored because it is an inconvenient truth.

And definitely not bitter, I paid my money and took my chances. I have no debt and can pay a tr if I need to. I am back earning a VERY good wage and things will turn around again. I just find it ironic that the same people who witter on a out the "marketing hype" bull**** around integrated courses believe that modular can be done for 20p and in two days...

Check the numbers posted by people that have done it... G SXTY - 7 years and £45k and that was started in 1999, when things were a lot cheaper. Others here have said took them four years and 45 k. Can you START to see it now? People that have DONE the course you aspire to, in cheaper times than now have not achieved the savings you talk of against CURRENT course prices. But I doubt you'll get that. One final thing, right now, no, I wouldn't recommend int, unless you are in very particular circumstances.