PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAA and the DC-9
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2009, 16:13
James4th

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B772, you can add to that 4 years on the 717 as well! But why was it a waste of a career? I couldnt get a command until 1980 so I stayed on the Diesel until I got an F27 and did 2 years on it until a -9 command came up. After that I could have left the Girl for the Maggot around '85 but why would I do that? I had almost top bid on the -9 and just about wrote my own roster etc etc ... I aimed to be the last man on the Diesel but a certain event we must not mention intervened ....... and I left our fair shores with only a DC9 endorsement.....

The ultimate degradation was:- the only job I could get was on a 737-200, yeech! I spent a decade in the wilderness of exile. picked up an A320 rating and bummed around for various airlines until I heard a whisper of something called a B717; WTF is that I thought? When I found out, I was back in flash beating on the door of Impulse. So I was reunited will my favourite girl again. (Mrs Jimmie wishes I felt about her the same way)

The only waste I can see is I should have left the Diesel for the Maggot a year before, errr, that year, but then where would that have led? Probably to Malaysia with the rest of the boys and my life could have turned out quite differently. For instance if the DC-9/717 was still available to me I would still be flying it.

Who can fathom the twists and turns of fate and the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.........