PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Margin for 50 hourly/oil & filter change
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2009, 19:47
Socket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have been shown by a LAME and "signed off" on sched 8 can you sign off the MR for that item. I.e. Can PlankBlender sign off the MR as 50hrly oil change completed?
Not only can he sign for it, but he MUST sign for it.

It is a legal requirement and nothing is surer to upset a LAME than to find out a pilot/owner has been carrying out maintenance on an aircraft with the LAME's signature on the MR and the pilot/owner made no entries or certifications for that maintenance.

If the oil filter or wheel or whatever falls off or fails and the last signature is the LAME's he is going to cop the fallout from CASA. I have refused to maintain certain owners aircraft because they insist on doing their own oil changes, tyre changes etc.... but do not enter it on the MR. Might cost me some business in the short term but protects my earning capacity in the long term.

Further the AD/ENG/4 may not be applicable at all as it states that only if you are maintaining it IAW CASA schedules. Again, check the LBS first.

That chinese fella,

AD/ENG/4 is ALWAYS applicable no mattar what system of maintenance you are on. AD's are always mandatory over and above sched 5 or the manufacturers system or your own CASA approved system. So it (ENG/4) is the minimum you have to do.

Last edited by Socket; 7th Apr 2009 at 19:57.