PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-Questions, comments, bouquets & brickbats (Merged)
Old 7th Apr 2009, 17:58
BladePilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flew EDI - DUB a couple of weeks back with EI. When we got to the check-in desk there was an American guy and his wife frantically trying to repack their bags, they even 'offloaded' a few items attempting to 'gift' them to onlookers before resorting to binning them! I turned to my wife and remarked that I'd never known EI to be so hard on folks, I was wrong as it turned out the couple were flying EDI - DUB with FR their flight was scheduled to leave 5 minutes behind ours. They had been told at FR check-in (adjacent to our check-in) that they would need to re-arrange their baggage to aviod paying a heavy excess charge.
We met up with them in the departure lounge and asked them how they'd got on with their weight shedding excercise, not well enough it turned out as they were walloped for £150. The poor guy had never heard of FR - Ryanair, found them on the internet when he searched for flights EDI - DUB didn't spot the alternative EI he was mighty upset. To make matters worse for him our EI flight departed almost 20minutes early and when we got to DUB I checked the FR flights STA the flight information indicated
- Delayed -
And MOL still harps on about how expensive Dublin airport charges are

Make sure you check out all the alternatives before you click that 'buy now' button on the FR website!