PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How Long it takes the Modular way???
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2009, 13:37
potkettleblack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was going to give you advice to find the search button but I think its wasted so I will bite.

PPL - went to the US - 3 weeks back in the good ole days when there were loads of decent schools to choose from (2001).

Hour building - went again to the US over a couple of holidays of 2-3 weeks each. Did about 150 hours over these trips and saw quite a bit of the US and various bars!

ATPL exams - 14 to do in whatever time you can do them in. If you go fulltime it will invariably be quicker. Distance learning and how long is a piece of string. Make sure you read LASORS for all the rules and regs on how many sittings, how long the passes are valid for etc.

ME/CPL/IR started in September from memory and finished around January all in the UK. All multi engine as well incidentally which added to the cost but made life easier test time. So call that 5 months or so for the professional flight training. Will really depend on time of year and how jammy you are with wx.

Add on an MCC which will say take about 1-2 weeks and hey presto you have now joined about 10,000 others who have zero commercial experience looking for their first jobs across the aviation world.