PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - oasc pass percentage
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2009, 18:13
muppetofthenorth

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anyone know how often the 3 day OASC runs? I have a holiday booked for July and September and would be disapointed if they only run twice a year (say February and July) or something, where I would miss out.
Considering that an OASC board is very unlikely to number more than 40 and every IOT [of which there are - typically - 3-4 a year] has around 120-150 people, you would have logically thought that OASC would run slightly more frequently than twice a year...

Just in case you didn't [or have got wires crossed]: OASC opens twice a week. One board is welcomed on the Sunday night for starting bright and early on Monday morning. The next board arrives Tuesday for starting Weds.

If your holiday clashes with IOT - you don't go on holiday [some allowances may be made...].

Without wanting to sound rude, if you don't know the difference between OASC and IOT, don't go. I am by no means an elitist or a snob [with my background I can ill afford to be!] but I was quite surprised when I turned up to OASC and met people who didn't know more than five bases, or five a/c, or various stages of training. All of which is available through a simple use of Google for 10 minutes.