PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The right to work in Canada...
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2009, 21:47
SoloPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When finding a flying job in Canada is difficult on a good day, why would any Canadian pilot even think of trying to help or advise a foreign pilot on how to get a job in aviation in this country??? It's a waste of time. No legal right to live here, you have no legal right to work here.
I have a full FAA ATPL. No legal right to live in, or work in the states. So, why ask PPRuNers how I get a job flying for an American carrier. DUH!??
No labour certification or green card, FORGET IT!!

Once he/she has the normal, legitimate immigration process completed (skip the fast track) and enters the country as a legal landed immigrant, he/she doesn't have the slightest problem getting a job in aviation in this country.
THEN, we can welcome and assist in the process. Not before.

What are some of you thinking???

Anyway.

Some of us don't care where you come from, and welcome others with good intention into our country. If someone asks for help, and I am capable of offering input that I think is useful, then I will. Laxrox, be assured that people like the poster above are a minority (whom is likely unemployed and looking for the nearest target other than himself to direct his finger toward), and most are more than glad to help. Good luck!