PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 4th Apr 2009, 21:06
Mikehotel152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, thank you for the luck. I will need it.

In the interests of those who might be reading this and have yet to commit themselves to a training course, I shall elaborate. 28 months from Day 1 of the PPL to the end of the MCC is not abnormal. The fact that I have not delayed any part of my training is because it would not have been appropriate in my circumstances. For other, younger, ladies and gentlemen it might be a sensible course to take.

As to the 'braying' remark I made. You will find many, many similar comments on this thread. Plenty of people have reacted to the endless negativity on here. Not everyone agrees with certain people on this thread who regularly pour scorn on the plans and dreams of others. It is not the fact that they bring a little reality to the rosey dreams of hundreds of Wannabes that annoys me and many others, it is the manner with which they make those comments.

My personal circumstance are fine. Yes, it's depressing to spend so much money, time and effort on a dream only to find things are even tougher than you anticipated, but my optimism will keep me going. I don't have money problems because I planned carefully and had a bit of luck. I didn't follow my dream blindly! By all means paint an honest picture to the Wannabes on this website, but do it with good humour. Please.