PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Violation of Controlled Airspace
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2009, 15:00
C-change

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wondering C-change, on the converse, do you ever, as a controller, think sometimes that CTA boundaries are set way too large?
Bell flyer, yes and no. This will sound like a sitting on the fence answer but it depends on what is flying and what they are doing. In regards to MIL flying, you may be on freq and hear nothing but there could be several aircraft on freq doing all kinds of weird stuff. Slow and quick stuff, not talking (deliberately), doing the "war"ie stuff. As for capital city, I think it could be bigger. Seen too many clowns over the years getting too close to RPT etc. Stuffing up sequences etc, resulting in pissed off pax, crew etc, the list goes on.

I guess my original post was aimed at some unprofessional and lazy pilots (not you) that I had to deal with in one particular week. They just pissed me off. I have no problem with students etc making an error, a late call, that sort of thing but overflying an active airfeild without making a call, then landing and parking in front of the hangar, is a bit much.

At the end of the day I just keep em apart so they can all do their thing, whatever that may be. So long as they don't end up a smokin hole in the ground, I've had a good day.
Some of them out their make a good day a little bit harder to acheive.