PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moderators Overkill?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2009, 20:37
RodH

Received 21 Likes on 5 Posts
Mr. Tailwheel

I would like to respond to your post as follows.

You used my Quote:
"It is a very sad day indeed when we can't have our say."

My response is:
If you care to read it carefully you may see the words " Our say"
NOT " My Say ".

You also ask:
"So, Rod, what would you like to say that is Australian commercial aviation/RPT/GA related".
Why have you excluded the Military when they do have a section in these Forums?
When you ask what I would like to say I ask you:
What about all of the others that may wish to contribute to these threads?
Are they to be excluded?

You say that
" this is an issue which is last month's news,been flogged to death on TV "

It believe it was not in the news last Month and from what I can ascertain it happened in Janurary.
How can you say it has been flogged to death when it has only been on TV for less than 24Hrs?
There have been other threads on unruly/abusive passengers that have run for quite a while so why not this one?
Are you afraid of an issue that involves a politician?

Regarding:
"Do you wish to post some further aviation related facts of which we are not aware of?"
How can we do that?
By locking that thread you have prevented members from doing exactly what you have just asked .
One of the greatest attributes of Forums is to invite others in to discuss and enlighten us on issues so maybe there could have been others that would have posted information that we are not aware of.
.A very good reason for threads like these is it gives people a chance to express their views and quite often information that would otherwise not be made public for fear of retribution comes to light.
It does happen that people who are afraid to go public on similar occurrences may well bring them to light in Forums.

It is not Political Rhetoric it is a discussion about what took place in an Aviation related situation.
Sure, I and others have had a go at Rudd but if it were any other Polly or Person of note we would have done the same.
People of high profile are always the subject of comments be it favourable or otherwise.

Moderators are there to prevent abusive,defamatory,false,misleading etc. articles and to redirect them to the correct place if necessary.
It is surely not the job of a moderator to lock something that may go against his personal feelings as to whether it has had enough time or has a bit of lively debate in it.
That is for the members to decide.
If there is a lack of interest then there will not be any further input from Forum Members.

I know there will be some who will berate me and some who agree but that's democracy and just what Forums are for and I feel I must have my say on this issue.

Anyway you will do what you like ,it may not be necessarily what some
like, but you will do as you wish.

Use your discretionary powers wisely.