PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What to do about MERV ?- POLL ONLY Please.
Old 3rd May 2002, 21:36
airrage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What can be more democratic than a POLL unable to be tampered with by myself, that is on a public forum(free for all to be heard) and automatically only allows people to vote once. A Slightly better democratic process than the General Secretary Elections currently being run by BALPA whereby only the incumbents mate can use the Associations money and members address database to send out letters in his support. Then use their own lawyers to say an irregularity that could affect the Ballot results never occurred.

The internet is a great democratic communication tool that allows individuals and injustices to be heard . Unions are about collating and representing the will of the majority of it's member's and the internet can be used just as effectively for the same purpose, for example when a union leader forgets the fundamental principle of his employment. A modern union should grow stronger if they realise how the internet can be used to cheaply(cheaper than recent letters we have received) access opinions and communciate in real-time about up to the minute issues.

Of course this isn't such good news if you'd prefer the old way of doing business and don't want to rock the boat(or was it a yacht?).

Fuzzy No need in getting upset........just use your vote and we'll see what the results are on the 1st of June. As for your comment, "If I wasn't a pilot and read this drivel board I would have to wonder about the intelligence level of some of the people who sit at the front of the aeroplane". I would be more worried about someone flying a plane who uses your threatening aggressive tone and language rather than someone who wants to run a democratic POLL.

Last edited by airrage; 4th May 2002 at 11:50.