PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-92: From Design to Operations
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2009, 14:16
JohnDixson

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
UH-60 Run Dry

Maxwelg2, to answer your questions in order:

1. Re H-60 filter mounting studs: I had posted earlier that in the Hawk, the filter is mounted internally, in the Main Box sump. I cannot tell you how many fasteners attach it inside as I don't know.

2. The UH-60 Main Box was tested and qualified to run at 30 minutes under cruise power conditions. The flight manual reflects that capability. ( Same goes for tail and intermediate boxes ).

3. As to vibration levels, I assume that you are addressing the vibration levels present at the S-92 filter attachment point, which cannot be deduced from cockpit vibration levels. On that subject, I am simply not aware of what those localized levels are. As to cockpit N/rev comparisons between the H-60 and S-92, I'd say that at design gross weight and 145 KIAS, at say 0-2000 ft altitude, and with a properly maintained vibration attenuation system in each machine, the UH-60 is roughly the same as an S-92 with the three force generator attenuation system. The S-92 with the six force generator attenuation system is markedly smoother.

Thanks,
John Dixson